Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Struggle

As a Christian woman, I try not to be a hypocrite, but I still am one sometimes.  I talk about the need to forgive, but sometimes, I simply don't want to.  When someone wrongs me deliberately, I want to hold on to my anger because honestly, somehow deep down the anger feels good.  I know in my heart that it is silly because as I struggle to sleep, the one who wronged me is losing no sleep over my hurt.
Christ is the ultimate example of how I should act, and believe me when I say I strive to live a life like His.  But I am a mere human, and life is hard.  People are cruel and selfish.  Bad things happen that put my faith to the test.
The good thing is I have an all knowing God who never promised that if I believe in Him, life will simply be grand.  He knows my weakness and my struggles, and I believe He is walking with me hand-in-hand, helping to guide me all my days.  There is a peace In Knowing that I can confess my sins to Him and ask Him to help make me more like His son, and He will.
So, even when I want to curse someone's name and feel justified in doing so, I instead choose to die to myself and live in Him.  I will cry out to Him and know that He, my Heavenly Father, will NEVER forsake me.

Father, my heart is heavy.  The hurt is real and it is deep.  But I want to live my life as a living sacrifice.  Help me to shine Your light especially in the dark times of life.  Thank you for being true to your word and for sending me and example of how life was meant to be lived.  Help me live that way now and forever.  In Your son's name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher Confession

Can I make a confession?  Please don't tell anyone I work with though.... I'm not doing what I'm "supposed to do" in...